OPEN CALL: VOLUME 3!
ANNOUNCING VOLUME 3’S THEME!
Women’s ability to talk about sex and our own sexual desires are still largely influenced by our patriarchal-based society. We want to emphasize that we are accepting all types of work connected to the subject, and want to know how the writer/artist individually interprets sex. We’re not only looking for MeToo or Inner Goddess pieces.
We are seeking visual art, performance art, short films, spoken-audio pieces, creative fiction and nonfiction, poetry, hybrid work, photo essays, graphic novels, and more by women and witches of ALL ages and ALL walks of life. OyeDrum is committed to presenting diverse and inclusive work from those just getting started in their careers, as well as those who are more established.
We welcome all sorts of interpretations and depictions of our SEX theme: humorous, serious, personal, dramatic, romantic, scary, etc. While we don’t require your work to be feminist in nature, we do encourage it.
NEW Deadline: October 9th, 2020
Please clarify the genre of your work on the subject line. Send us up to two pieces, no more than 5,000 words each, doubled-spaced. Submit your work in a Word document attachment.
Please send up to 5 poems. Submit your work in a Word document attachment.
Photography and art submissions will be accepted as both solo pieces, as well as to accompany the literary work we’re publishing. Send a minimum of 5 images in a single submission—they should work together as a set, as well as a narrative piece. Please send all images as attachments in PDF or JPEG format, high quality.
We accept pieces sent through SoundCloud, Vimeo, Youtube, and Spotify. If your visual or audio piece is uploaded through a different third party, please contact us to see if we can work with it. Media work that’s been previously published is accepted. For fine artists, please include your medium (i.e. acrylic on canvas, oil, etc.).
How does the submission process review work?
Our quarterly volume submissions are reviewed by our collective, a diverse and talented panel of female jurors (The Coven), each with a unique and distinct voice and approach. Submissions are discussed amongst the team, then voted on in a democratic fashion. Our reading period for the next volume is September 15th, 2020 through October 5th, 2020.
PLEASE SEND ALL SUBMISSION TO SUBMIT@OYEDRUM.COM
- All submissions (except for media) should be original, unpublished work. However, if the piece has already been published in your personal blog or another small publication, we will consider it on a case by case basis.
- Can I submit if I’m gender non-conforming female or a trans woman? Yes.
- Please include a brief bio in the body of your email, along with your social media info.
- We also ask that those submitting artwork let us know a little bit about your work and the piece you’re submitting.
- Please let us know if you are sending us a simultaneous submission.
- If you are accepted by OyeDrum, we have the right to publish your work and promote it on our social media. You, the creator of the work, will remain the one and only owner of your intellectual property, with full rights.
- We try to respond to each submission within a reasonable period, but due to the volume of submissions we receive, we may not always be able to do so. Please query after three weeks if you have not heard back from us, and would like to know the status of your submission.
- Our finances do not permit us to pay contributors at this time.
If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
Deadline: October 9th, 2020